Am running in the track of recruitment, and when my Boss inquired me the smart way of retaining and recruiting the best talents, I could suggest EMPLOYER BRANDING which serves well in a wider perspective. I thought of sharing my answer through this article, and my thanks in advance for your time to read my observations
WHAT IS EMPLOYER BRANDING?
It is a simple process of promoting a company’s encouraging work atmosphere and its culture towards a talent pool. Thus it enhances the company’s ability in recruiting the right talents and retaining the valuable resources. The company uses this methodology as a tool to convey the positive workplace for the existing and future employees.
It focuses two audiences
- Future ideal employees by making them to feel good to become the part of organization
- Current Employees by making them to feel good for being a part of the organization
Serving as a Gateway, we the HR, are playing a crucial role in promoting the company. It’s a kind of branding the company with good stuff to process mature the potential candidates. I could say this as an organization’s pride as an employer with the simple goal of HAPPIER EMPLOYEE – PRESENT & THE FUTURE.
HR & EMPLOYER BRANDING
The Key person of Employer branding is none but HR since we have in-depth experience at the recruitment & people management. HR holds a greater responsibility handling all aspects of an organization which involves both current and future employers.
The role of HR starts in recruitment. Help the organization in hiring long standing and skilled employees and don’t try to fill roles instead help the candidates to build their careers.
Have a strong analysis of company’s strategic objectives and set a unique identity to achieve the objectives.
Have a periodic review of the process and take steps to improve the performance constantly and the experts call this as EMPLOYER VALUE PROPOSITION.
HOW TO CARRY OUT EMPLOYER BRANDING?
Employer branding is not a rocket science to handle at. Here are the simple steps to carry out Employer branding for your organization.
- Make your current employees who are the indirect brand ambassadors of the company feel valued by recognizing them. Give periodic performance reviews and award them.
- Be a helper in facilitating professional development with room for improvement by organizing internal & external training sessions as and when required.
- Engage and inspire the employees by enacting policies that show employer trust them and thereby fostering confidence with the employers.
- Educate the company’s vision and mission and be a cultivator of positive spirit within the organization always.
- Play a vital role in retention activities of the existing employees by acting as a bridge between the employer and the employee.
- Be active on social media and promote your company’s goal, vision, mission and work culture and build a good network.
HR has to portrait organization’s culture during the interview and this will be an indirect way to enhance the organization’s reputation, Hope the following will be helpful.
- Build good relationships with the people and try to take the interview as casual as possible.
- Provide good hospitality during the interview.
- Update with the proper interview feedback.
- Offer reasonable perks.
- Encourage reasonable expectations.
Finally, before recommending a candidate, check if the candidate will fit your organization culture and give priority to this over anything even his skills and experience. A bad attitude personality can impact your good culture in the long run.
Hope these points helped you to gain some light and help your organization adopt a healthy positive working environment.
Am very proud to be a vital player in employer branding, Ain’t you? Come on! Share your tips.