Project Loon – Day to Day, Many Scientist and Researchers put forth unimaginable experimentation and and contribute to the list of latest inventions now and again. One of the notable recent inventions introduced by Google called GOOGLE LOON(PROJECT LOON) is our topic for the day at PROBESEVEN.
Google Project Loon Introduction:
In the month of June 2013, Google introduced their dream project called Google Loon or Google Balloon aimed at providing internet rich atmosphere even in the unexplored places of the world. Nearly two-third of the earth populations do not get proper internet access due to the unavailability of network supplies. This unavailability is due to the lack of transport, improper or nil electrical facilities and ignorance of technology.
Google Wireless network (Project Loon) surpassed all discussed primary concerns and carried internet to all locations with the means of Special balloons which travel steady on space up to 20 km from the ground level and spread wireless network to send/receive proper signals for clear coverage for a promising 24/7 uninterrupted internet access.
How Project Loon Works:
Google Balloons get its design complete with sheets of polyethylene plastic 15 meters wide and 12 meters tall with high pressure and stands at earth’s Stratosphere surface. Winds blow at stratosphere steady and slow at 5 to 20 MPH and perhaps scientists can easily determine the wind direction and change the direction of balloons at this surface by using software algorithm chip fixed at the bottom of the balloons.
Balloons communicate with specialized Internet Antenna blower from the ground to send signal from one balloon to other and to another balloons based on the location of internet unavailability and reaches to local Internet Services Provider at ground with high bandwidth so as to makes best internet communication at no time. User can easily access internet without any break and all this process consumes little time. Every balloons in space is under Loon machine controller which controls all balloons with the help of high technology Micro-Chips fixed at the bottom of balloons.
The Balloon is filled with Pure Helium-Gas which facilitates to move high on space. To avoid sun damage and heat issues, the electronic units and micro-chips are powered by Mini Solar-Panel fixed at the bottom of the balloon which absorbs the light and heat and produce 100watts of power which in turn is the primary source of electricity supply to all micro electronic units in the Balloon and during night, power is supplied through mini solar battery which again works to save enough power in the day time.
Loon’s Advantages :
- Uncertain or Unexpected region of world gets Internet access through Wi-Fi.
- Farmers if get used to technology can easily communicate with each other and multiply their cultivation techniques sharing ideas.
- Doctors could reach rural patient’s to give proper medical advice at times of emergencies.
- Teachers working towards tomorrow’s education certainly utilize it to teach poor rural village children.
- All Major Universities from the world will introduce Online Degree courses to help people of rural areas and poorest part of the world to earn their degrees through online.
Loon’s Disadvantages :
- Cost of the Internet is cheaper yet the internet equipments price high.
- Micro-Equipments used in the loon may be subjected to hardware failure due to Sun’s IR ray exposure.
- In case of any mishap, locating the Loon and bringing it to ground may face difficulties if it goes completely out of control.
- Many Countries refuse to adopt this technology fearing for any security vulnerability.
- Some Countries refuses it since the Loon being fixed in the stratosphere, chances exist to collide with Satellites. Even it is concerned for chances of accidents in rocket launch.
Loon at New Zealand:
Project Loon has successfully launched 30 balloons from NewZealand’s South Island to test Internet supply to a small group of pilot tester who are working towards to refine the technology and shape the next stage of project loon.