Another prominent reason would be the popular adoption of the Agile and the DevOps across all world for the developments, added to which was the cloud computing which created wider space for the testing department. Here is a brief list which projects the upcoming trends in software testing.
1. Open Source
The benefits of open source much beyond and have gained huge popularity in the field of IT in recent years. There are several advantages of using open source as follows:
- Affordable hardware costs
- High-quality software
- No sales pressure
- Integrated management
- Support and Accountability
- Scaling and consolidating
2. Automation Testing
Test automation will evolve into a product that can be reused in the continuous integration pipeline. List of benefits in software testing as follows:
- Running tests 24/7
- Fewer human resources
- Bugs (Automation helps you find bugs in the early stages of software development)
- Volume (Using automation we can run “N” number of test cases)
Automation Tools Growth:
3. Cross Browser Testing
The reasons of trending as follows:
- Customers do not wish to be locked into one browser
- Improves just not the look and feel, but also functionality
- Cutting-edge technology is not equally well supported in all browsers
- Not required to develop and maintain separate tests for each browser platform
- Not required to run browser-specific tests
4. Continuous Integration (CI)
Continuous Integration (CI) is a development practice where developers integrate code into a shared repository frequently, preferably several times a day. Each integration can then be verified by an automated build and automated tests. While automated testing is not strictly part of CI it is typically implied. Test automation and continuous integration will continue to further expedite SDLCs.
5. Growth of Agile and DevOps
Agile and DevOps (“Development” and “Operations”) testing increases their capacity and quality of the application lifecycle. Deliver the product on time while each integration and development of the software. It mainly focuses on the continuous delivery and continuous integration. It mostly supportive to find out the software issues and we can solve early of the software development.
6. IoT (Internet of things)
Internet of Things (IoT) Testing is the newest and fastest developing sector in the testing world. Often combining new technology with rapidly-developed software on newly created hardware, where critical bugs concerning reliability, safety, and performance are often overlooked. IoT growing borderline more customers bank on IoT Testing before going to use the products. If the product is not tested for its functionality, security, and performance– it would come below scanner.
Brilliant innovations in the Software Testing domain and keen enhancement of knowledge serves to beat this competitive industry.